Contemporary Endodontics: 3-Day Course
October 1 - 3, 2020ENROLL NOW
ABOUT THIS COURSE
We are at the beginning of a new era in endodontics. With new technologies and materials, we can now maintain the vitality of many more teeth. When root canal therapy is required, 3-D cleaning allows us superior microbial control while at the same time maintaining maximal tooth structure. This unique program is a collaborative effort of the Penn Dental Medicine Department of Endodontics and Dr. Martin Trope, the founder of Next Level Endodontics. It has been created for the practitioner who seeks to provide his or her patients with long-term, predictable, clinical success. The course content is derived from the most current biologic knowledge and the clinical application of this science. This course is designed for both the beginner and the experienced practitioner who want to advance with modern technologies to provide their patients with the best chance of success in maintaining natural dentition.
The course covers all current biological concepts for positive endodontic treatment outcomes. The technical aspects of this endodontic course are covered by hands-on and live demonstrations. Instruments and techniques are discussed and demonstrated with videography using the dental microscope. The paramount aim of the course is to enable the participant to perform the full scope of endodontic procedures and to understand endodontic biological principles in order to evaluate new instruments and techniques and to evolve with the changes in the discipline.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- the most advanced adaptive/virtual core instrumentation
- the XP Shaper and Finisher system
- bio-active materials for obturation
- three-dimensional root cleaning; anatomically driven
- three-dimensional intra-canal disinfective finishing
- Access; the fundamental requirements for access are reviewed and basic rules for adequate access presented.
Minimal but adequate access is the ultimate aim!!!!
- optimal debridement and sizing of the apical third
- synchronized cold hydraulic bioceramic root filling
- progressive irrigation techniques
- hands-on workshops
- a patient treatment which will demonstrate the techniques discussed
- personalized instruction on how the new era of 3-dimensional shaping, cleaning and obturation will impact on your practice future.
- microscopes instruction and hands-on experience with the microscope
- the use of microscopes to visualize the root canal system for the hands-on sections of the course
- anesthesia and pain management for the endodontic patient
- endodontic diagnosis
- endodontic surgical versus non-surgical treatment
Participants are asked to bring 15-20 extracted teeth and to access half of them for endodontic treatment.
UPON COMPLETION, PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE AN INTRODUCTION KIT.
Terms and Conditions:
The fee for the course is $3,750 with a deposit of $1,750 which reserves the space. The remaining balance will be due on the first day of the course. The original credit card will be charged unless other arrangements are made by the registrant.
If the course is cancelled by the registrant six weeks or more before the start date, the deposit minus a $100 administrative fee will be refunded. If the course is cancelled by the registrant with fewer than six weeks before the start date, the deposit is non-refundable. However, $200 of the deposit can be credited towards a future course.
Register online or call Merrie Hupp — 828 243-8078
Dental Future Center
401 Commerce Drive, Suite 100
Fort Washington, PA 19304
Dental Future Center
MEET THE INSTRUCTOR(S)
Dr. Martin Trope
Martin Trope was born in Johannesburg, South Africa where he earned his BDS degree in dentistry in 1976. From 1976 to 1980, he practiced general dentistry and endodontics. In 1980, he moved to Philadelphia to specialize in Endodontics at the University of Pennsylvania. After graduating as an ...VIEW FULL BIO
Dr. James G. Hupp
Dr. James G. Hupp received his DMD from the University of Pennsylvania in 1984. Upon graduating, he practiced general dentistry in the US Navy until 1993. In 1996, he completed his endodontic residency program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with aVIEW FULL BIO
Dr. Bekir Karabucak
Dr. Bekir Karabucak is associate professor, director of the Postdoctoral Endodontics Program and director of Division of Advanced Dental Education at the University of Pennsylvania. He has been serving as interim chair of Endodontics since October 2014. After earning his dental degree from ...VIEW FULL BIO
Dr. Meetu Kohli
Dr. Meetu Ralli Kohli is Clinical Associate Professor and the Director for Continuing Education and International Postdoctoral Program at the University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine, Endodontic department. Dr. Kohli earned her B.D.S. degree from Government Dental College, Bangalore...VIEW FULL BIO
Dr. Frank Setzer
Dr. Setzer graduated from the Dental School of the Friedrich- Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany, in 1995, where he also received his doctoral degree in 1998. He pursued his endodontic specialty training at the University of Pennsylvania after working for nine years ...VIEW FULL BIO
COURSE REVIEWS (0)
No course reviews yet
- Length: 3 Day(s)
- Class Size: 15
- CE Hours: 24
- Price:US $3750
- Institution: Next Level Endodontics, In conjunction with Next Level Endodontics
- Language: English
- Location: Dental Future Center, 401 Commerce Drive, Suite 100, PENNSYLVANIA, United States, Fort Washington, 19034
ADD A REVIEW
Log in to post a Review (Only students who have completed this course can write a review)